Thursday 11 August 2011

Old Aalia - players' map

Here's an almost-finished version of a new campaign map I'm working on. The original was drawn in coloured pens, then scanned in, cleaned up in Gimp, and vectorised and text added in Inkscape.

The next step will be adding some more "sites of interest" to the map. I have a list of about 15 unusual locales (potential sites for adventures), which I'll probably add to the map simply as numbered stars or something like that.

Finally I need to write up snippets of info about each of the cities and adventuring locales to give the players some hints as to what's what.

The map I posted previously, of the Harln-Halladan region, can be seen just to the right of the text "Old Aalia" in the new larger scale map.

3 comments:

  1. Like the mapping style. Reminds me of the maps in the first few pages of some old fantasy novels. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta go straight for that chasm...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cliffs of Madness for me, I think...

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.