Tuesday 9 August 2011

Looking for a random table

I just remembered an excellent post I saw somewhere ages ago, but which I now can't for the life of me track down. It was a method of fleshing out a campaign world and simultaneously producing nice bits of interesting background for characters. The idea was that for each race you have a set of tables like "most halflings X, Y, Z", "some halflings A, B, C", "rarely halflings J, K, L", and so on. That's the gist of it, I just can't quite remember the details.

If anyone knows where to find it, please do let me know!

4 comments:

  1. These were in issues 1-3 of Fight On! Maybe other issues too, but I only have the first three.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Zak did something along those lines once, but I can't find the post now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The articles were called "The Devil's in the Details", in FO! as fireinthejungle says... but some people posted alternative tables in their blogs. You should be able to find them by Googling for "the devil's in the details" + the name of the specific race, like "halflings", which gave me a link to Middenmurk, among other places.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah of course! Thanks guys. I think I must have glimpsed it recently while flipping through Fight On!, which brought it into my mind, and I had seen the tables on Middenmurk (or some other blog) last year some time.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.