After a bit of preliminary organisational work, I've decided that I'm going to compile a book with the following content:
- The elementalist class (available here). Possibly expanded with some additional spells.
- The necromancer class (which I've been working on for a while "behind the scenes", and which already has about 50 new spells).
- The fey class (available here). Also possibly expanded with some additional spells.
- The expansion of the illusionist class which I've been working on.
- Edit: Just maybe the hypothesised nature mage, if I feel really inspired. I think it'd be a very cool class, but I'd only include it if I thought I'd be able to do it justice.
- A selection of magical tomes (each containing a bunch of new spells around a specific theme -- including, for example, the tome of the spider mage).
- Any other random bits & pieces relating to arcane magic which I feel like throwing in!
Primarily I'm doing this for my own pleasure. I think it'd be totally cool to have an actual properly printed book of my own classes and spells to use in my games! But of course, once I've gone to the effort of writing, compiling and laying everything out, and then publishing it on Lulu, then it'll certainly be available to other people as well.
I don't have a name for the book yet, and no idea what to do about artwork! As it's purely a hobbyist thing, I don't really imagine investing any money in this venture (i.e. to pay artists), but it would of course be nice to have at least a good-looking cover (I'm imagining old-school style black & white illustration to go along with the LL books). If any artists reading this are up for drawing some stuff, please let me know -- I could probably offer you a print copy of the book if all goes well!
Any thoughts or suggestions most welcome!