Anyway, my document has just exploded into a load of seeds of ideas, so I think it's time for a very tentative announcement of intention.
(perhaps the exclamation mark is officially part of the title?)
A periodically produced conglomeration of my musings on the subject of wizards and magic in D&D. Featuring stuff like:
- New spells (naturally). Loads of them.
- New magic items.
- Wizardly companions, constructs, minions, and beings from beyond. (Monsters, to you and me.)
- Magicians and their lairs. (That is, adventure locales.)
- Esoteric tomes, procedures, formulae.
- Miscellaneous articles on subjects arcane.
- House rules for magic-users and spell-casting.
Illustrated? Somehow. I don't know yet. Maybe, maybe I'll bust out my felt tips and give it a go myself, in true zine style.
Who knows when this will come to fruition. I could foresee a first issue in the not too distant future, however, given the explosion of ideas that just happened in my little document. It might be a one-off if I run out of steam, it might be a multi-volume wonder in several years time. We'll have to wait and see.
I'll keep you posted.
ps. I also have news on the community-sourced vivimancer supplement From the Vats. An announcement about that will be coming soon...