I've recently been contemplating getting a slightly revised edition of my free book Theorems & Thaumaturgy together. The original impetus for this idea was that I realised that the book's still not available in print on RPGNow -- just at lulu.
I'm not, at this stage, sure how far I'd go towards making this a proper "second edition" versus a bit of a spruce up versus a simple republishing. Nonetheless, here are some potential ideas:
- A5 format.
- Integrate any errata. (Is there any?)
- Include guide to integrating specialist wizards in campaigns (see here).
- Also mention the idea of running a campaign purely based around one or two alternative types of wizard, completely replacing the standard magic-user.
- Specify the schools of all spells. (Transmutation, Divination, etc.)
- Update the vivimancer and elementalist spells to match the "complete" books. (Some spells have changed level, for example.)
- Consider adding a few more fey elf spells.
- Add some more descriptive information on the tomes.
- Add a few more magic items?
- Remove monsters not related to summoning spells.
If anyone has any thoughts on this, I'd be very interested to hear them!